Be prepared to discuss your current position and your prior background. This includes accomplishments that exemplify your strengths. Be prepared to articulate the situation, steps you took to succeed, turnaround a situation, etc.
Research the company. Don’t just go to their website, look for current events, news that show you did some preparation. Prepare some questions for them.
- Why is this position available?
- What are the 3 most important things you’d like me to achieve in the first year of employment?
- Of what obstacles will this person need to be aware?
- What company growth do you see in the next 12 months?
- What made you decide to join this company?
- Ask about next steps in the process.
INTERVIEW PREPARATION VIDEO:
QUESTIONS YOU MAY BE ASKED
Your recruiter should be able to give you a good idea of the hiring authority's personality, his or her typical interview demeanor. Below are some of the more common questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
Keep your answer in the professional realm only. Review your past positions, education and other strengths.
- Why are you interested in this position?
Relate how you feel your qualifications match the job requirements. Also, express your desire to work for the employer.
- What are the most significant accomplishments in your career?
Identify recent accomplishments that relate to the position and its requirements.
- Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.
Focus on how you resolved the situation and became a better person because of the experience.
- What do you know about our organization?
- How would you describe your personality?
- How do you perform under pressure?
- What have you done to improve yourself over the past year?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- Are you leaving (did you leave) your present (last) company?
- How would your co-workers describe you?
- What do you think of your boss?
- Have you ever fired anyone?
- What was the situation and how did you handle it?
- Where do you see yourself in two years?
- Why should we hire you?
- What kind of salary are you looking for?
12 Tips On Acing Your Next Phone Interview from Business Insider